- Olive Trees-There are over 100 million olive trees in Greece and Greeks consume the most olive oil of any nation on earth per capita.
- Greeks are very fond of sweets and you can find a sweet shop on every corner. Try galaktoboureko, a custard phyllo pie that is heavenly.
- There are around 30 different types of Greek yogurt including-gluten free, lactose free, goat milk, sheep milk and even donkey milk.
- Prehistoric-There are several monuments that are considered prehistoric in Greece (prehistory = before the written word). Akrotiri on Santorini and the lions gate at Mycenae are just two that you can visit.
- Late Eaters-Most Greeks like to eat dinner around 9 p.m. That way, especially in summer the heat has abated and the appetite starts to come back.
- Family relationships are very close. It is not unusual for children to live in the same house as the parents or at least on the same property in a different apartment.
- Greece was where democracy was born. Also so was philosophy, theatre and ancient healing methods.
- Greece is mountainous. Over 80% of the Greek mainland is considered mountains.
- It has a coastline of over 13,000 km (a little over 8000 miles)
- No matter where you are in Greece you are never more than 80 miles from the sea.
As seen on-
Click here to read these articles
The Olive Odysseys
46 Shopping Plaza
Drive # 107
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
A member of the
American Society of Travel Advisors